How to Get the Information You Need to Build a Stronger Internet Marketing Campaign
Have you ever wondered who is visiting your Website and What they’re doing there?
Although it’s never a good idea to speak in generalities when it comes to people (after all, we’re all as unique individuals), there are a few basic personality types and certain common behaviours or characteristics that you can use to your advantage when it comes to creating your next Internet Marketing Campaign.
Let’s start with the personality types.
Based on the “Social Styles” type of personality classification, you’ll find:
- Analytical – People in this classification are logical, detail and task-oriented. They want facts.
- Expressive – People in this classification are supportive of others, expressive and outgoing. They tend to go with their guts.
- Amiable – People in this classification are loyal, dependable, consistent and hardworking. They like to dig until they ferret out all the available information.
- Achiever – People in this classification are go-getters, driven, forceful and practical. They make decisions quickly and don’t want to waste time.
So how do you design your marketing campaign to meet the needs of all these different personality types, especially when you’re just starting out and money is tight?
The best way is to come up with a plan ahead of time and provide information in the ways that it will be best received by the different personality types.
Here are some things to keep in mind that will help:
Remember your marketing campaign goals.
What do you want your visitors, prospects or customers to do? Give you their contact information? or Make a purchase? or ? …
Make sure whatever tactics you’re using will help you achieve your goals.
From here, use tactics that will do one of these three things:
- Attract visitors to your site – Attraction methods can be anything from articles to videos to blogs to Podcasts. It can be using social media sites to your advantage or creating a following among readers of your Blog.
- Convert visitors on your site – This means get your visitors to take whatever action you want them to take. It could mean signing up for your newsletter (giving you their contact information), buying a product or attending a Tele-seminar.
- Retain their loyalty – Once you’ve converted them, you want to keep them happy and coming back for more. You retain customers by offering an ongoing newsletter, providing some type of customer loyalty program or even keeping them involved and engaged through social networking sites.
The more you know about who’s visiting your site and what they’re doing there, the easier this becomes.
There are plenty of ways you can “spy” on your visitors.
For example, if you have a Google Account (and if you don’t you should – they’re free and they offer lots of goodies), you can sign up for Google Analytics. It’s FREE, and it will give you lots of very valuable intel about visitors to your Website. Such as:
– How people are finding your Website (search engines, direct search and referred from other sites.)
– It will tell you what keywords visitors used to find you, what pages they visited, how long they stayed, even what page they were on when they left.
By knowing this information you can increase your ROI (Return On Investment) for any Internet Marketing Campaign.